Every day, week and month, there are random “holidays” that can be a great excuse to dine out. Most consumers just need to know about them! Here are seven upcoming “holidays” that could spark some marketing ideas for restaurants and some great reasons that diners can celebrate with you:
- August – National Family Meals Month: Draw in more families by offering a discount for kids or feature special menu items to celebrate. You can talk about how children who eat with their families live healthier lives and get better grades (according to WebMd). This shows you are a caring group and want to promote a better future. You can make it personal by posting pictures of your own family dining at your restaurant.
- August 1 – National Girlfriends Day: Draw in more “date nights” by promoting a special night all about her – perhaps a package deal complete with complementary champagne or chocolate. You can even dedicate special tables or reservations for the night complete with flowers and candles. Promote it across your social channels so everyone knows about it in time to plan.
- August 2 – International Beer Day: This is a great Facebook opportunity to post a picture of the beers you serve. You can also promote menu items that go well with the beers you serve.
- August 26 – National Dog Day: If you are willing and able to, invite your fans and followers to bring their dogs to join their owner on your patio. Offer the dogs some treats too. Don’t forget to post a picture of some furry friends to promote it – everyone loves a good dog photo. Just remember to check with your municipality for regulations first.
- September – National Chicken Month: Promote this popular protein with special menu offerings or daily specials dedicated to this month. And who doesn’t love a good “why did the chicken cross road” joke to help promote it on your social networks?
- September 19 – Talk Like A Pirate Day: This is can be a fun day not only for customers but for staff. The entire staff can talk or dress up like a pirate which could be fun enough for them to share on their own social media, and you can share it on the restaurant’s as well. To get customers involved, have them order while talking like a pirate and offer them something special for doing so. They will in turn talk about their experience online and tell their friends. This is a great opportunity to push your spinach and arrrrrrr-tichoke dip.
- September 22 – First Day of Fall: This is the perfect day to introduce your fall menu and flavors, and to bolster with a special item to celebrate the season kick off. You can promote your Fall menu with photos across all of your social networks and reminders of why fall is such an amazing time of year.
These are just a small sample of marketing ideas for restaurants this August and September. Get creative, have fun, and be sure to promote your events on all of your social channels before, during and after!