It is that time of the year to start thinking….dare I say it …Spring! Although the 48 Contiguous States have been hit with the harshest weather in years, the smell of Spring is just around the corner and it’s time to get ready for the warm rush.
Now is a perfect time to start thinking and planning for your Spring and Summer business cycle. It does not have to be complicated but it’s a great excuse to dream of warmth and opening that patio. Some thoughts to get you started and to help you spread the warmth:
- Get your staff together and talk about their favorite spring and summer foods and drinks; maybe they can inspire a menu item or LTO.
- Take out your shift books or notes from last Spring/Summer; what do you want to do the same, do differently or change.
- Talk with your suppliers, protein and produce specifically; what is the prediction for this year? We know prices are on increasing, but what items would be best suited for your summer menu or LTO’s for the Spring?
- Sit with your chef or cooks and talk about a change for spring, I’m certain they have some great ideas.
- Call the local Colleges and Universities from your area that have job boards; many students stay during the summer for scholarships and to complete their studies; they are always looking for a great summer gig.
- Thinking about adding a patio for outdoor dining? Now is a perfect time to get the plans moving and permits filed; don’t miss out on that first burst of Spring-time!
Whether you are ready for an overhaul, staying tried and true with what you know, or if you think you want to dip into something new but you are not sure what, now is the perfect time to research, plan and prepare. Who knows, next week the sun might be shining brightly in Chicago and your customer will be asking if the patio is open.