A little help from your friends at Rewards Network®
We know restaurateurs like you are resilient at a level that other industries just don’t understand. You constantly operate under some of the harshest business conditions: late nights, thin margins, and constant change. You are Restaurant Resilient.
As tough as restaurants are, this coming winter promises to bring unprecedented challenges. That’s why we’re giving away $10,000 to five different restaurants to provide some working capital during this difficult time in the Restaurant Resilient $50K Giveaway.
To enter, you’ll need to complete a short survey and answer two questions which we will use to select winners:
- What do you think your restaurant means to your community?
- How would you use the $10,000?
There is a limit of 150 words or less for each answer. A Rewards Network committee will then judge the answers and choose a diverse group of winners from across the country that will include both customer and non-customer restaurants.
Don’t delay, the deadline to enter is Friday, December 4.
And as always, stay Restaurant Resilient.
RESTAURANT RESILIENT $50K GIVEAWAY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- Sponsor. Contest is sponsored by Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc., a Delaware corporation, the headquarters of which is located at 2 N. Riverside Plaza, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60606 (“Sponsor”). This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any social media platform or other platform on which details of this Contest are displayed. By entering, you agree to these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- Eligibility. The Restaurant Resilient $50K Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) is open only to restaurants that are located in the United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories and protectorates). Whether an entrant qualifies as a “restaurant” will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Employees of Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible.
- How to Enter. To enter the Contest online, simply fill out the online entry form and submit your answers to our survey questions. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter to win a prize. Entries must be submitted between November 20, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. and December 4, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. The Contest is only open to those who have correctly and completely filled out and submitted the entry form. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply and will be your sole responsibility. The Entry Site’s database clock will be the official timekeeper of this Contest.
Limit one Contest entry (“Entry”) per restaurant location. In order to submit a qualifying Entry, the individual submitting the Entry must be: a legal resident of the U.S., 18 years of age or older with pre-existing internet access, and be affiliated with the restaurant being entered into the Contest as the owner, head chef, general manager, or employee. Additional entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any restaurant that submits multiple entries. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Proof of emailing or submitting the entry form does not constitute proof of delivery or entry into the Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry (the “Entrant”). “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person assigned to an email by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Every Entry submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the Entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including, but not limited to, Entries made using any script, macro, bot, or Contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from any related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, misplaced, or misdirected email/mailed Entry or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled, or delayed computer transmission or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; or, (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the Entry Site or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download any materials in the Contest.
- Content Requirements. Your Entry must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) prominently feature any trademarks or logos; (c) have been previously entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media; (d) contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses, or street addresses; (e) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (f) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (g) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; or (h) defame, misrepresent, or disparage Sponsor or any other people, products, or companies.
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry for any reason. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry is an original work created solely by you; (ii) you own all rights to the Entry; (iii) the Entry has not been previously published (including being previously posted on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or other social media websites), entered in any other contest or won any other award; and (iv) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries. By participating, except where prohibited by law, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your Entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Prizes. Five (5) Grand Prize winners will be selected from among all combined eligible Entries on or about December 18, 2020. The Grand Prizes will consist of a cash prize in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) each. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is ten thousand dollars ($10,000) each.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Eligible Entries will first be reviewed and screened by an internal committee of Rewards Network employees in order to determine Grand Prize Finalists (the number of which shall be determined in Rewards Network’s sole discretion). The Grand Prize Finalists will then be judged by three employees of Rewards Network, from a cross-section of functional groups (including marketing, sales, and operations), but all of whom are highly qualified professionals dedicated to local restaurant marketing and finance, on the following criteria: community impact of each restaurant as described by the Entrant (25%), impact that winning the grand prize will have on the restaurant, its employees, and or the community (25%), appropriateness to the theme of the Contest (25%), diversity of pool of Grand Prize winners (including geographic diversity, Rewards Network customer/non-customer status, and minority population representation). In the event of a tie, the Entry with the highest community impact score will be the winner.
Prize winners will be notified by email, U.S. mail, or telephone. Should a prize notification or prize addressed to an Entrant be returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may not resend the notice (whether by the same or another method), research the Entrant’s address, or make any further attempts at deliver. Sponsor may disqualify that Entrant and select an alternate winner.
The prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 form (where applicable) and a Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law), and Background Check Authorization discretion. If the background check reveals that, in Sponsor’s discretion, Entrant has been convicted of a crime or otherwise engaged in any conduct that would disqualify Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules or that, in Sponsor’s discretion, would reflect adversely on Sponsor, Sponsor may disqualify the Entrant and select an alternate winner.
Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner.
- Expenses, Taxes, and Fees. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely each winner’s responsibility. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of that particular prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion for any reason or no reason, to substitute prizes of equal or greater values. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. All prize winners, as a condition of winning, will be required to complete and return to Sponsor a W-9 form (where applicable); all prizes will be reported on an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the individual’s prize (where applicable). In the event that any portion of any prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, and the remainder of the prize will be awarded.
- Releases. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor and any other advertising or promotion agencies or business partners involved with or retained to provide services in connection with the Contest, and/or each of their respective affiliates, parent or related entities, subsidiaries, or successors (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), against any and all claims, demands, and liabilities arising out of or relating to the Contest, Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or any Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, winner’s responsibility for, use or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winner agrees to release the Promotion Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Error Correction. Sponsor reserves the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical, or mechanical errors. If because of a printing or other technical error, or for any other reason, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
- Winner’s List. A list of winners and/or the Official Rules may also be acquired by sending a request for the list or rules to Rewards Network, Attn: Legal Dept., 2 N. Riverside Plaza, Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60606 by March 12, 2021.
- Restrictions. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Illinois.