MileagePlus DiningSM 50,000 MileagePlus® Miles Restaurant Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The MileagePlus DiningSM 50,000 MileagePlus® Miles Restaurant Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who own or operate a restaurant, nightclub, or bar that is also an Eligible Location (as that term is defined below) and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and who are MileagePlus® program members at the time of entry. Entrants who are not MileagePlus® members may join at no cost online at https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mileageplus.html or by calling the MileagePlus® membership desk at 1-800-780-023. Employees and agents of United Airlines, Inc. (“United”), Mileage Plus Holdings, LLC (“MileagePlus”), Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc. (“Rewards Network” or “Sponsor”), and their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee or agent are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon remaining a member of the MileagePlus® program and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Eligible Location: An Eligible Location is an individual restaurant, bar, or nightclub location that is situated within one of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia.
- Sponsor: Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc., 540 West Madison Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 606610.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”) and consists of one (1) entry period (the “Entry Period”) as outlined below:
- Entry Period: 1
- Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET): May 1, 2021
- End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET): June 30, 2021
- Alternative Method of Entry Date Completion Date: June 30, 2021
- Approximate Drawing Date: July 15, 2021Sponsor’s Computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: There are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Execute a Rewards Network Marketing Services Agreement (an “MSA”) or a Rewards Network Receivables Purchase and Marketing Agreement (an “RPMA”). Each Eligible Location that executes either an MSA or an RPMA during the Entry Period will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Add Rewards Network Online Ordering to any existing MSA or RPMA. If your Eligible Location is already party to an MSA or an RPMA, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes upon signing-up for Rewards Network Online Ordering during the Entry Period.
- Renew a current RPMA. If Rewards Network’s Due Diligence department, in its sole discretion, determines that your Eligible Location is eligible for a renewal of your RPMA, then you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes if you renew your Eligible Location’s RMPA during the Entry Period. You should consult with your financial advisors before making any decision to renew your RPMA, and entry into this Sweepstakes should not be a determining factor in your decision (made in your sole judgment) to execute a RPMA renewal.
- Alternative Method of Entry. You may enter the Sweepstakes at no cost to you by completing the Alternative Method of Entry Form found here: https://diningreviews.typeform.com/to/dpSh1ia7. You must complete and submit the entire form by the end of the Entry Period in order to enter, and you will be asked to provide: your name, the name of the restaurant you own or operate, the ZIP Code in which the restaurant you own or operate is located, your address, phone number, email address, birthdate, and any other relevant information requested by Sponsor. Each location must have one designated email address, which cannot be repeated. All forms must be timestamped and received by the dates listed in Section 3. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected, or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
- Limit: You may enter one (1) time per Entry Period per Eligible Location, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Rewards Network administrative email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, MileagePlus® account numbers, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the MileagePlus® account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the account number by United Airlines. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or about July 15, 2021, Sponsor will randomly select a potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period for each Grand Prize. Each potential winner will be notified by email. Each potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will also be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (except where signing the Publicity Release is prohibited) (“Declaration”) and a media release, which must be received by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond or to provide the Declaration, media release or any other requested information within the required time period, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately six (6) – eight (8) weeks after winner confirmation is complete. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
Terms and conditions apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason, provided no such substitute prize shall be from United Airlines, Inc. without its prior written consent. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. No cash redemption, cash equivalent or prize substitution allowed by winners.
Winners must be MileagePlus® members at time of entry and at time of prize fulfillment. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus® Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus® Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards, and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus® Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles, and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus® Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus® Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus® in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus® Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the www.united.com website and the MileagePlus® Program rules. United and MileagePlus® are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus® Program, go to www.united.com. With respect to entrants, prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. MileagePlus® miles will be credited to MileagePlus® account of each winner within six (6) – eight (8) weeks. The MileagePlus® miles credited to winner’s account may be redeemed in any manner consistent with the MileagePlus® Program Rules which are subject to change at any time. Travel using MileagePlus® miles is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change at the sole discretion of United or its affiliates. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay.
Each prize is non-transferable except in accordance with MileagePlus® rules and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit: One (1) prize per Eligible Location.
- Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, United, MileagePlus®, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, United’s and their respective agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Taxes: Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prizes will be taxable to winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Any resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who wins $600 or more in prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court sitting in Chicago, Illinois, or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Winner List: Please contact Sponsor at Rewards Network, 540 West Madison Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60661 for an Official Winner’s List, which will be made available upon request after the winner confirmation process is complete.